Tuesday, March 31, 2020

12,688. JIMMY MESSERSCHMITT SMITH, A QUITE RAUCOUS FELLOW

JIMMY MESSERSCHMITT 
SMITH, A QUITE 
RAUCOUS FELLOW
Since he started this stuff, he believes
in nothing at all or everything at once
and says it all the same to him. Why 
didn't I think of that? And then he says
I should watch out because Mother's
Day is coming and I'm not prepared.
So I'm going to Summer Camp for
that, even though he says it'll be
too late. 'But good for next year,
right?' I ask. He stands outside the
circle, I notice, as he answers,'Take
your blue eyeshades down and put 
up a new mantel, the fire inside this
one is going out.' So I look up the
chimney and see he's right. 'But, 
hmmm, nice legs,' I say. I thought
there was a woman in the room, of
a sudden, but I was mistaken. It's
Larry Jedd the furrier instead. He's
got a package for 'Mr. Smith.' The
card says, 'bang, bang, you're dead.'
We carefully unwrap the pistol
inside. It's made of chocolate! 
Jimmy then turns to Jedd and says
'Are we even doing an Easter this
year, or something else instead?'


No comments: