Sunday, March 8, 2020

12,621. BRIDGES IN TOPEKA

BRIDGES IN TOPEKA
'Well hell, Roger, I'm not even
sure there are any, actually. But
it's difficult for, as well, to remember
ever being in a town where there
were none. I just don't know, nor
how to square away something like
that. Seems like there's always got to
somehow be another side to get to, and
that's what bridges do!' I was listening
in, and figured him to be right. It was
a small bar across 14th street, down by
the western end, north-side. In fact,
it was the same bar I once met an
alien in. Or as he called himself, so
cunningly, on his card, a 'Negotiator 
for Extra-Terrestrials.' That guy was
a real trip, not drunk; and he called
himself by an oddball name too. Let
me think....Rareleighbourne Fishbein,
I think it was. Anyway, back to here,
This Roger guy seemed not to ne
buying this thing about no bridges
in Topeka. I think they were both
saying the same thing, that there HAD
to be, yes. But they each somehow
never caught on with what the other
was saying and somehow continued
to oppose it even though they actually
agreed. Isn't that some crazy stuff.
Indeed.

No comments: