Wednesday, March 25, 2020

12,671. PEWTER SUN IN A SILVER SKY

PEWTER SUN IN 
A SILVER SKY
I've been working this idea all night;
but cannot decide a thing. Perhaps it's
better as 'silver sun in a pewter sky.'
But like the Pope said, 'Who am I,
to judge?' Well, that's OK for him
I guess (problematically, actually,
since judging is the whole reason
he's there).
-
I never understand how individuals
get themselves so far off the track.
Hedging the speed for the upcoming
curve obvious to all, that's the easiest
thing in the world. Or should be.
-
My Nature has no better angels.
I weed the killers from their deadly
fields and pick through the pockets
of the dead lying about : Torn and
battered; men and boys with the
enflamed eyes of death. Infested
by maggots just a few days later,
I watch them, and think what
I've missed.
-
Fields of carnage, like a Civil War
litter; infested by rodents? Nasty.
And bitter.

No comments: