Monday, March 16, 2020

12,641. RUDIMENTS, pt. 994

RUDIMENTS, pt. 994
(unworkable solutions)
Most of the rich guys now,
from those days, are lawyers.
I guess there's a certain sort of
connection between lawyering and
priesting. (Yes, I wonder if that's
a word too, 'Priesting.' But the 
entire intent here is more a flip
to show, about words, how they
flex themselves, like limbered
muscles, around the bones of the
thought being expressed. Limber
up those new words, folks!)...
The idea of the two professions
running in consort with each other
works for me. In worldly terms,
they are both the very same things,
but the difference is in the terms
of spiritual or maybe internal things
are, or should always be, worlds
apart. I lost all contact with each
of them anyhow. A few times there
were notes or an occasional visit,
but fifty year are gone without a
drop. In the same way, I ask
myself, what is life? How was
any of this real anyway? It's but
phantasmagorical memories now,
in a sea-foam of cloud.
-
I sort of realized early on how
I would end up being nothing. As
I just mentioned, the quest for the
deferential meanings and terms
of existence ended people up in
'professions.' Now professions are
good, if your basic undertaking is
for prestige or money. They take
form by rules and procedures.
They often have adjuncts of
community service, concern for 
others, assignments accepted
for social advancement and/or
for utilizing that curious half-world
wherein people do things for the
supposed public good which are in
reality career-advancers or other
opportunities of them to cash in
or get some public profile going,
from which they will later gain.
In that sense it's little different than
politics. Or some TV buffoon, a
weatherman or media 'medical'
expert expounding on things. The
inevitable 'vote for me' or 'buy my
book' always crops up, Dr. Oz-like.
I never cared a whit for any of that,
and the 'smart-set' (I'm being sarcastic)
I ran with always shared a disdain
for that or any sort of pop-culture
foolishness through which all this
was made. You only see things
through your own lens anyway.
My Mother had a penchant for
saying 'If the shoe was on the
other foot.'  I think it was meant
as a view for seeing the other side
of things, though it was never
clear to me. If the shoe was on
the other foot it would be wrong,
wouldn't fit right, and wouldn't
even rightly slip onto your foot.
Correct? Flexibility doesn't extend
to feet. There's the correct foot, 
and the wrong foot.
-
Maybe dividing my life into periods
isn't the right way to go, but it was
the most sensible, it seemed to me.
In a person's life, you can really only
heed those things that are calling you
the loudest, drawing you in the most.
I make note that the largest part of my
life, the thirty or so most regular years
of family and jobs, call back for me
very little. I found all of that dry and
overbearing; boring and trite even.
The work-world is a horrible mistake,
and how in the tarnation any of that
got started for as to make up the vast
bulk of people's everyday life and
means is beyond me. The tasks now
that most everyone is beholden  to 
and end up turning their lives over 
to, are so foreign to Human life and 
thought' as to be laughable. That's
why life seems so fleeting, and so
useless. Because people fritter it away
in an ill-fitting jumpsuit of task and
responsibility that never fits the
human condition.
-
Murder and mayhem are a better fit?
That can be argued, I suppose, using
the ancient plains and savannahs of
Africa and the early world as a guide:
before there were clocks and time and
stationary places and towns that never
moved. Before there were careers and
jobs and factories and families. Take
a look. What were there? Marauding,
nomadic groups, units of like folks
savaging the landscape by need, moving
on by seasons, leaving locations to
recover, swooping along on their ways
and returning back the next season, to
do the moves all over again. No one
was yoked or subservient. At first,
anyway. And always, along the fringes,
were those of the element I mentioned:
attackers, killers, worse savages, thieves.
Somehow fears of all that fringe element
kept people banded, as clan and group,
perhaps bonding them too.
-
You want to know about crime In NYC?
It developed out of all this, thousands
of years later. Biblical eras later anyway  -  
all those ancient tales and stories, the
bearded graces of synagogue and church,
retold the same tales over and over without
ever rightly getting their finger onto the
fact that they could NOT explain the 
modern world in any real way. All those
guys in NYC, who were used to the idea
of stealing, bludgeoning, thieving and the
rest, by they the west side Irish guys,
the Italian mob guys, or just any of the
renegade hoodlums around. they each
came up out of the muck of that older
lineage, of time and society. Not acceptant
of any roles except that self-defined
fringe, the barricades of which they 
were always using for their springboard
and sneak attacks. Yet, you know what?
there really wasn't much of a difference
between what they did and what the
assembled and mechanized forces of
Authority did  -  in the guise of Robert
Moses, Housing Authority planners,
and Municipal zoning boards. They
too were all crooks and badgers, except
they had tiers of rank, honor, title, and
privilege. Go figure. I hung up my
boxing gloves a long time ago.
-
It's a funny thing to have to deal with,
having 'solutions' to all these things
when all these 'solutions' you may
have are unworkable solutions. I
wonder are 'unworkable' solutions
still considered solutions at all?
(Or do I need a lawyer on that one?)...



No comments: