Tuesday, March 10, 2020

12,627. PESTILENCE

PESTILENCE
What do you want to know, Marky?
There's not much I will tell you. A
few of my friends have told me they
were sure I'd be dead by now, but
I outlasted all that, I guess. One said
I was haunted, and now he's the one
who's dead. What the heck? The
world spins on, and the latest
Pestilence rears its grainy head.
-
From a land where they eat bats.
In fact, the dead bats they eat are
first disemboweled and the stomach
cavity, hollow, is used as a soup
bowl, from these people eat, first
they have soup, and then bat.
-
What else do you expect from one
sorry fucking world? I'm not one
to complain, but neither am I
containing myself any longer. you
don't have to believe me; hell, you
don't have to believe anything.
In 1982 I wrote, 'One day the
sun won't rise. Won't you be
surprised!'

No comments: