Saturday, April 29, 2017

9460. ALL THOSE THINGS PAST SEEING

ALL THOSE THINGS 
PAST SEEING
It happens every so often : yes. You meet
someone who is so ineffectual that five
minutes later you forget everything about
them, and in a few days cannot remember
a name or a face. Back in business days,
for sure. Some real sour losers came my 
way. But even beyond that, now, people
and places I should approach with some
import, they just slide away. I can't even
apologize or mention I'm sorry.
-
Like plum juice on a white table-cloth,
or a red wine stain and a white dress
shirt. That's the way the effective
presence should be  -  oh yeah, I'll
remember that. Come back again.
-
Everything now seems way too glib.
Talk has become a cheap monster, so I
only deal with the heart. I've got one of
them, and it's a good thing to have, keeps
straight beacon in the very worst of storms.
Makes me want to say : 'I'm not good with
names, but I never forget a heart.'

No comments: