Thursday, April 6, 2017

9360. WHEN THE SHORT MAN FELL OFF HIS STILTS

WHEN THE SHORT MAN 
FELL OFF HIS STILTS
There's no pier here. No water either.
"And then the doctor said, 'what do you
wish to wear on your head?" At the far
end of the waiting room, in full hearing
of everyone, the patient said, "Doc, I
do not care what's on my head as long
as you are sure I am not dead." Someone
else piped up, 'You ought to cut that out;
you're reminding me of Lewis Carroll, 
and that's way too much."
-
(That's often the way it is, in Bolivia.
I've been told. There's no way of 
knowing, for me, whether or not
that is true. You'll have to take on
faith the truth I'm giving to you)...
-
So then we went looking for an
emergency room technician but were
unable to find one. It really didn't
matter since no one died, but I always
disliked that cold, cold phrase. 'Emergency
Room Technician'  -  for goodness sake
who are they trying to kid? It is simply
not a clean livelihood to have, let alone
try to make sound pristine and perfect.
-
One time, a short man fell off his stilts.
Now THAT was a real car-wreck.

No comments: