Wednesday, April 5, 2017

9258. THE BEST POLISH DINER IN ITS CLASS

THE BEST POLISH 
DINER IN ITS CLASS
Ferdinand Marcos ate here in '78. That
son of a bitch loved his pierogies; for a
Filipino anyway. Now, tonight, its 60
degrees and the god-damn ice-cream
jerk is driving through with that infernal
hack music his recorded melody sounds.
I wonder, can I get an asshole-cone, just
for him? One for Ferdinand Marcos too?
-
Do people really show up for this crap?
The kids, maybe I can understand  -
running little snots chasing treats. But
mothers and dads? C'mon, get real. Go
inside and watch Jeopardy at least.
Learn something new every day.
-
Here's how they do it in Poland, I'm
told : A carafe of heavy cream, whipped
into the potato-mash, with onions and
beets added after the cream and potatoes
have settled. Ten minutes, maybe.
Eaten with two slices of Polish Ham;
(which, by the way, I'm also told, they
don't have in Poland, and never have had).

No comments: