Friday, April 14, 2017

9400. MAN IN A RED COAT

MAN IN A RED COAT
I stayed in one day, late, to stand
while I sat to watch 'The Great
Northfield Minnesota Raid.' Not
remembering much about it, I saw
and only then recalled. 1972, I was
freezing cold. A friend had somehow
brought me to this movie house, to
see. I wasn't ready for much, and 
didn't know cinema at all, but I
loved that rough and ready way
these guys tossed things about
Survivalist fittings in a world
we no longer had around.
-
Then a man in a red coat stood up.
He began yelling about something,
and jumped up with a gun. It was a
startling moment, and in real-life too;
the way these weird New York City
things take off. And then he fired!
Two times, I guess called 'point
blank,' right into the guy who
was next to him. They'd argued
about something, and he ran off
through the dark theater.

No comments: