Monday, April 3, 2017

9349. WHATEVER COULD THERE BE?

WHATEVER COULD 
THERE BE?
In my hat, there is a head, while this boat
has a leaky bottom : so that, though my
head is dry, my feet are wet. If opposites
do still attract, this may be a good bet.
-
I will stay this way. There no percentage
in moving the peg if no one yet has neared
the hole. Some boardwalk version of a
miniature golf I'll not play. The gulf
is just too large to see.
-
I watch all these games of chance and
ring tosses too, but only as a bystander
laying money down by the look of the
girl with the guy going in. No keno or
Blackjack player am I. 
-
I went to the automated fortune teller, later
on. It was called 'Madame Baudelaire,' and
I put my dollar in. The instructions say 'sit
in chair and look straight ahead.' So I did.
The automatic fortune recording seemed
stuck. It merely kept repeating:
-
'No opportunities open yet. No 
opportunities open yet.'

No comments: