Sunday, April 9, 2017

9374. REMAINING DETERMINED

REMAINING DETERMINED
I am sure nothing's left. The light
here at Avenel Street and Rahway
Avenue has to be the most dismal 
spot in my current world. Talk
about letting your freak-flag fly.
The barber-shop guy on the facing
street, running one of those new
hoodlum-boy styling shops, he's
closed up. All his silly black flags
for law enforcement and punked-out
drugs are gone. Nothing left but the
cardboard that covers the windows.
Good riddance to bad rubbish, and
put the rest out on the curb.
-
The Vape Shop, on my left, good 
God that too! Where do they think 
this stuff up. Big-deal dudes sucking 
down steam from fairy-looking canisters 
in their little blue hands. Yep, right, get 
me a donut too. It's all I can do to stay
steady here; it's a task, it's a burden.
 and nothing's made easy. I realize
all now; it's just childhood's end.

No comments: