Saturday, April 1, 2017

9347. I HEAR BASEBALL STARTS ON SUNDAY

I HEAR BASEBALL 
STARTS ON SUNDAY
"I see by your new-found silence this ain't 
clicking. Please don't drink your self to death 
while I'm away. I worry. Still can't understand 
the story of my life, but bouncing bubbles 
bounce together, sometimes pleasant, 
sometimes strife. Just made that up. 
I read that baseball begins Sunday. I'm 
not a sports guy, and I don't know if 
you do baseball or not, Phillies or Pirates 
or maybe Mets or something; but Baseball 
for me has always been pretty particular.
I mark seasons by it. I read stats. I read 
game accounts, here and there anyway. 
There's always such promise, with the
start of each new Spring and season, 
and then  -  of course  -  if fizzles with 
every new season-ending arm blow-out, 
rotator cuff, or broken leg or tibia. Those
guys all have their stories of woe.
Such a sadness permeates. 
Going, going....gone!"

No comments: