Friday, April 14, 2017

9397. ROUNDING REACHES OF PLACE

ROUNDING REACHES OF PLACES
(soon be red)
If Jupiter was the slave to Argos, and
if Zeus wielded a hammer like Thor,
well maybe only then I'd understand these
motivations. As it is, not so. I stand
deserted and left alone on this curb, here
where it is painted yellow. Which is to
signify something : we amass these
color warnings, and they're supposed
to click. Our brains read what they see.
This yellow, in some places 'caution',
I think for curbing means, instead,
'not.' Do NOT park. Use restricted;
off limits. That's a strange switch.
-
Others tell me, pertaining to traffic
lights, that to them 'yellow' means
speed up. That's a funny one. When
a simple red means go, then I'll get
the gist. As it is, for now, I stop at 
green, knowing it will soon be red.

No comments: