Sunday, April 12, 2020

12,724. THE SADDEST EASTER EVER

THE SADDEST EASTER EVER
It moves, this stupid feast, dependent
upon phases of the moon. Celestial
time these Christian huffers never
usually think of. Flying segments
of Heaven's time, somehow. The
story never changes, but the dates
all fly around, and I never knew 
what for. To prove what mind is 
that? Dead bodies set to resurrect?
Skin and flesh no matter; it's the
burned ones make me wonder.
-
What rocks have you turned up
under? How'd it go and where've
you been? Tell me your story; did
you lose? Or win? A Moveable
Feast, as Hemingway had it. The
Easter ham and the tribal scam.
-
This one's a little bit different.
Dead sky at night, sailors take
fright? Nothing's running perfectly
anymore, nothing's ever right.
We're all saddled with these new
freezer-truck rituals, a caravan of
Death, for sure, where deceased
bodies stay, waiting for deliverance
only thy can say. No way. This is
all too rotten-sad. Ameliorate me
from this reckoning. Find me
another way to sing.
-
I want to be out of here too before
daybreak comes. My heart's no 
longer in it and all the words I 
hear and the actions I see just
are just limits. There is no human
form divine, Mr. Blake, I disagree,
Our pencil-tip has broken, and
no one can draw us anymore.
This is the saddest Easter ever.

1 comment:

Leonard said...

Awesome, Gary. You capture so much of the moment in timeless amber.