Saturday, April 11, 2020

12,722. THERE YOU HAVE IT, KING OF BRATISLAVA

THERE YOU HAVE IT, 
KING OF BRATISLAVA
Put down that book, you dog-eared swine,
I'll kill you where you're sitting.  You've
got too many feet up on that foot-stool,
and who do you think you are? The color
blue doesn't do you justice; I'll have you
black and blue by morning.
-
Mourning becomes Electra too. Where
I live. I've just now finished parking my
trains and I'll leave them idle awhile.
My ego's too big for that tunnel anyway.
Is that what you say? Again? I'll damn
well make sure those are your very
last words.
-
Who invented that light bulb? Who came
up with chewing gum? I don't know any
of that but I'm sure the rubber tree had
something to do with it. That's where
you'll hang too, you kennel-fetched
bowl of soup. Here's your noose.

No comments: