Sunday, June 28, 2015

6827. LONG AFTER MIDNIGHT

LONG AFTER MIDNIGHT
It is long after midnight on a dark night of love
with the rain pounding down on the hours above.
Between now and then, I'll split the vague difference
and have you step into my dreamworld alone. Watch
me wanting you. Bring forth your stepping stone.
-
There are too many stories in this naked city for me 
to know or care about five or ten. I quibble over 
nothing, for all of it is boring. Long ago I left this 
world with a quiet wave goodbye. The street I left 
from did not even sigh. There were screen-men on 
the corner, blind, yet watching me as if they could see.
-
I've shouldered many burdens over many years, but never
 you; now I get the chance. To have and to hold, yet you are
so cold. They never said Death would bring me to this.
It is long after midnight on this dark night of love.
I am wasted, abandoned, alone.

No comments: