Sunday, June 21, 2015

6805. TYING THE SHORE-LINE AND STANDING UP STRAIGHT

TYING THE SHORE-LINE AND 
STANDING UP STRAIGHT
Like long-life to a mystical man, the strenuous
limit of day after day can be stretched forever.
We need do nothing but live and live on. Here,
by the water's dappling edge, ten or twelve boats
are docked and rocking  -  water and tide rising one
moment and falling the next. It appears there is no
one present anywhere, and the boats are untended.
-
Which is a pleasant matter  -  enabling me to just
watch and enjoy. The movement, the flow, the enabling
thrust of the ocean and swell. Why have it all mussed by 
people  -  I figure  -  with their beers and sodas and loaves
of shoreline bread. Children who wail and bawl about things,
mothers who prance and the fathers who dance  -  landsmen
each, with only a pretense of seamanship. A waste, truly,
and I'm glad they're not here. I can smile.
-
The way a wearer wears the bathing suit, the cut of a flagrant
seam, the buttock of woman's width, all these things, I've seen.
The modern angel of days and time no longer holds out surprises
for me  -  yet still, I don't plead for these things and would rather
not see. I get tired, of people, and would rather not see. I grow weary
of things, yet they persist to be. Ah, sunflower, weary of time....

No comments: