Friday, June 12, 2015

6767. ONLY

ONLY
Only the fracture is featured in these films
about break-ups and marginal loves. A quick
cut to some sexy scenes and an overdub of the
noises of coitus. I never know why they do it  -  
these dumb foreigners and Los Angeles movie
cats, playing for the rafters, vamping their Hebrew
stars for things that could never be : just to ridicule
or cause a consternation among some other group not
them. As if to say 'You can pick at others, but never
at us.' Well, I guess the bastards own the reels.
-
I walk out in the middle, between the popcorn and 
the tits. Why stay for any more than that : I've read their
flunky bible quite right through and find a hole in every
argument they make. Maybe that's what's pissed them off  -
that the world will never float with their leaky story. In
Williamsburg, Brooklyn, whenever I'm there I'm treated
with respect, the kind a rabbi gets for teaching. But little
else computes  -  the married Jewish ladies with their
wigs, and all those guys with their gigantic hats. I too
reserve an exalted place for the tongue of my God,
but my God makes it  -  at least  -  easy for me to
live, not difficult. It's all about flow, and grace, and
a happiness that comes from a heart not base.

No comments: