Wednesday, June 24, 2015

6810. THE BACKGROUND OF THIS CITY'S BURDEN

THE BACKGROUND OF 
THIS CITY'S BURDEN
It has been said that suicide is authentic, a particular
and real and individual act : I answer OK, I guess it is.
I can't kill you, and you can't kill me, so we do it to
ourselves straight on. Authentic, yes, and right from
the source and to the source again.
-
Buy  -  as Styron said  -  an artist creates his own
authenticity, what matters is the conviction and
boldness. Invading alien territory. The here and
the now, they bring forth their own, constant
troubles. Some things just can't be evaded?
-
Bu why am I here, listening to Hendrix in the
night? 'Hear that train a'coming', once more. The
target that precipitates this act of suicide is one that
makes a blind necessity out of something that otherwise
'may' just be. Certainly no cowardice there.
-
So it is that I walk west along 22nd Street, in this shadowy
dark night alone  -  heading for something, looking for the
ferrule which which bolster this life; not its end, but the
life which continues. Somewhere I can go, home again,
where someone at least knows me. My God, I want to
hide, and then die, and then come back again  -  to see
then that everyone knows who I am.

No comments: