Sunday, June 14, 2015

6773. THE NATURE OF ALL THINGS

THE NATURE OF ALL THINGS
When the flowers come to settle, and 
the leaves are again all off the trees, I 
will see you once again within my dreams.
When my dog is once more stretched out
across the floor, and outside the window the
small surf roars, I will find you, hidden, in
a smiley passage I've just read. These are 
among the things that kept me running.
-
There is no more magic in the time I life;
it droops and sags, grows tired, and lags. 
Once was speed an effervescent thing, now 
it too becomes a memory and tries to sing : 
but it as well is off-key, too varied, 
not ever what once it was.
-
I have to carry these things along, bring them
home with me again. When once the sunlight
hits these brazen windows, daring all the world
to come forth shining through, 
then I will think again of you.

No comments: