Thursday, June 11, 2015

6757. THOSE ARE A HUNDRED THINGS

THOSE ARE A 
HUNDRED THINGS
In this dim light I cannot really see you, though I
know you sleep. I hear the occasional rustle of your
breathing heart and mind. Comfort me with that.
-
A stack of dominoes ten feet high just feel from the
lantern table  -  a racket, yes, but you didn't even blink.
I wanted to run and hide your shoes, but couldn't bring
myself to do it, knowing you'd enjoy the barefoot too.
-
My pen still scratches these bitter pages  -  even in the
density of night. I don't always use a keyboard see; 
that's like shouting, whereas this handwriting first
is more to me like a whisper. they way it should be.
-
Well, that's only the beginning, and those are only
the start of a hundred things and more I could say.

No comments: