Sunday, June 14, 2015

6776. LARRY MINKOVITZ

LARRY MINKOVITZ
When the Great Divide divides we'll have a
sandwich and beer to Death, okay? We can
eat right here for hours and wait to see whatever
it rises up. You with your shoestring-antelope
timepiece and me with my dangling legs  -  over
the edge, as usual. I'm just the edgy kind.
-
A waiter may be sent for  -   I hear they like to
work overtime at disaster sites  -  and we can
order more. If the food-cart is still working.
If the cook can cook some more. If the Maitre d'
is still the one with the crooked eye that has
to see. Everything. All at once. Everywhere.
-
The trains will be running late again : From Newark
Station to Princeton Junction should only take three
hours. Then, of course, we're stuck if the crummy
Dinky is again out of service. Man I hate that scene.
Buses make me nervous when things are out of sync : 
enforced rides, no choice, have to board but when 
they say, and can only go one place. Useless.
-
Here's my final address book, everyone in it is mostly
dead and buried. A few friends took their own life, a
few more died of AIDS, another few had heart attacks
and all the rest. No one seemed to be able to stay around
for this : the day the Great Divide divided.

No comments: