Saturday, June 27, 2015

6822. MIDNIGHT DAILY

MIDNIGHT DAILY
I seek to rip the sky from the screen and the
view from the precipice, but I see there is
no way : people come and stay, while others 
come to jump. At the reviewing stand in
Heaven there must be quite a show.
-
What literal explanation can there be? Other 
than a shrug without real knowledge, most people
just stand around  -  even the kids at Princeton,
whenever I noticed, were concurrent with something
else, with not being there at all  -  dancing in place,
nodding their heads to a febrile music from the
earbuds in their achiever's brains. Gym clothes
and running shorts alike, the look of the day.
-
It's midnight, daily, before I get to close; this dumb
and vacant store stays open late just so that I can
learn. Read something else. Understand what
cannot be understood. Nod my way to the
land of another language and place, all 
with a very sensitive eye.

No comments: