Friday, June 19, 2015

6792. KNOWN TO BE A FUNNY GUY

KNOWN TO BE A FUNNY GUY
The Thor Hammer has come down on my head, but I
still laugh at adversity. Being a funny guy has its
privileges. There a new lamb in the sheepfold, and
his name is me  -  virginal slaughter, I will sacrificed 
be. My place in the history books is secure; I will
have a name and be here no more. Long time ago,
back in Elmira, I watched a film named 'Lacombe
Lucien', over and over  -  it was about a boy hiding 
out or living through the adversity of the time, then,
when the Germans occupied France. Actually, now
I don't recall too much of it, but for sure it wasn't
funny at all. It came, like a rose in bloom on a fiery
ship going down, to be a symbol for me of the world
falling apart in its fire and fury for things I swore
to want no part of. I've lived my life that way ever
since. I've sacrificed myself for Art. I am the
Master of my own deliverance and
not funny really at all.

No comments: