Friday, June 19, 2015

6789. FUNNY TO KNOW

FUNNY TO KNOW
It's funny to know that I slept with your check
in my pocket : having fallen asleep in my shirt
the check was in the chest pocket with me. Well,
what's this mean? Have another banana? Are you
coming to Winston's Hi-Hat with me? Peanuts?
Want another beer, or a pickled egg? This place has
it all. They say Chad Berman comes here at least
five times a week; he's okay, I like his style, but his
last two books blew. His wife is really pretty, but
her mother's like a maitre d'. They seem to go
everywhere together, just looking for cameras
and publicity. What? yes, I know the city's filled
with that, and the publishing world's a zoo, but,
still. Back in my day, I remember Norman Mailer
would punch out a bride if it could get him five lines
in a review. He was pretty much a rat  -  yeah, but 
they all are. Reverse racists, too  -  can't say this, can't 
say that, or you're an anti-Semite or something, but he 
can say whatever he wants because he's a writer. Like
Kafka wrote, 'he's a writer, so he can't be a very nice 
person.' Why'd did they name this place Fausti's? The
owners name is Goldenhagen, and I think he's from a
restaurant family from way back. Did you ever get to
Elaine's when that place was still going? I sat there once,
and had my picture taken with Ratso Rizzo himself!

No comments: