Tuesday, June 9, 2015

6748. HOW THEY SPIN THE INCONGRUITIES

HOW THEY SPIN THE INCONGRUITIES
There's not a person in the world out there that
knows anything right about the living I do  -  the
guidebooks they go by, selecting this or that, get
it all wrong. Sure, you can buy dinner at the Hotel
Parlesbong, but it won't last forever and it won't
last long. Conservatory Gardens? I've been there
twice. As I said, none get it right.
-
My handler is a minstrel from a circus down south:
I got him when he was fired for crying. Two elephants
he took away with him, they've both died some years
back. But no guidebook will ever mention that.
-
In the Carlisle-Autrey, I sit long afternoons drinking 
tea and writing, while sometimes a lady or two come
to visit. It's gentle and nice, and I live a good life.

No comments: