Wednesday, June 24, 2015

6812. THINGS BETTER OFF WITHOUT

THINGS BETTER OFF WITHOUT
(my new sea bright, nj poem)
Taste the sea life, go to the wave, walk through
the surf, clamber that jetty, sit back and relax. You
are better off living this way  -  completely free and 
without the words of worry you hear. Mountebanks 
and swindlers, all in this together. Keep your distance, 
sonny. And all those girls will get here soon. Scan 
the skies, like Laddie says, and you won't need a 
weatherman to see which one of them blows.
-
In the morning the black car was covered with June bugs.
I guess they were all dead in the heavy morning moisture,
at least it was so it seemed. I looked up to see from where
they may have come, but the only thing above was a
telephone pole with a vapor lamp, and some wires. I
don't know where these things live, but I guess I
know where they go to die. Things better
off without.

No comments: