Saturday, June 13, 2015

6772. VERSIONS OF HEALTH

VERSIONS OF HEALTH
To grind out the sacrilegious, we stand 
statues on their heads; watching the blood 
flood the faces. There is no greater glory to 
God than in dying for the cause. Interregnum 
concentrations, and falsifications of words. 
Introibo ad altare Dei. I will go up to the
altar of God; yes, for sure that.
-
Solzhenitsyn wrote 'Cancer Ward.' It was quite
the thing for a fourteen year old me to read. And
then 'One Day In the Life of Ivan Denisovich' 
Even better  -  I was voracious, never knowing 
where I was heading. I just read on, and on, 
and on. A teacher, such as at this time here I 
speak of, could not have helped me, would 
have had no idea what was going on. All they 
would do is represent the State, for which I was
already, by those readings, full of hate.

No comments: