Wednesday, June 10, 2015

6752. LAND OF LAUGHTER

LAND OF LAUGHTER
And were I not the sideways clown I'd be the one to
bet on you : full, swarthy, and afterburners too. As it
is, without any compunction, I light a match for the
mission light as the train comes rolling in. The station
recoils from the whistle and noise. People step off
with  their smiles and go along upon their way  -  cars
are parked somewhere, I'm sure. For certain, I swear
I heard the conductor say : 'next stop, Land of Laughter.'
-
My notebook today is hot with happiness. I've just won
the lottery again. Like a horserace with 30 to one odds,
it's even too much for the window to hold. Land of Laughter
indeed. What's the name of this county, and where do I sign?
I am singing voracious songs to some appetite of mine.

No comments: