Wednesday, June 24, 2015

6811. SO GO DOWN TO THE VALLEY, DARLING

SO GO DOWN TO 
THE VALLEY, DARLING
Into a room full of staring I enter and I am. The
telegraph show is in the corner, smoking a Marlboro
Light -   just like a medieval animal I see he is breathing
smoke and fire. But he's just a Marlboro Man. And I
see that this land is strange indeed : the lamps have
curtains and the lights are yellow. Someone sits bent
over a piano of licorice ice, twisting and turning
those cautionary notes that only teachers can entice.
God bless those who care and those who enter here.
God bless the wrinkles in her clothes, and the 'I know
where you two just were' smirks on that beanpole's
other face. I keep watching, and I know they're
lovers who'd just sneaked away. Save my hands
at the side of this cone. Love me again,
or I'm going home.

No comments: