Thursday, October 24, 2019

12,227. I HOPE THIS NEVER HAPPENS TO YOU

I HOPE THIS NEVER 
HAPPENS TO YOU
After taking a short nap and, upon
awakening, realizing I was now
invisible, I decided to take advantage.
A new advantage, yes, entire, and
something I'd never done before. I
was unable, really to decide. To say
I was frozen in my perplexity would
be all right, but even that doesn't
get to what it was. I was surely
stumped. A real one for the ages.
Different parts of me, of course,
sought to do different things  - but
I won't get into that. My first and
most reluctant thought seemed to
be for heading to a bank : during
daylight, with the open vault in
business hours, the tills and drawers
that all those young girls are always
counting. They wouldn't know and
no one would see. But, this was all
an assumption and I couldn't be sure;
what if I was wrong, and caught in
the drawer? So, I first went outside
and simply knocked over the first
person I saw walking along. From the
side, I just pushed, and, yes, they went
down  - the strangest look upon their
face, upon looking up to try and figure
what occurred. It seemed OK for me.
Invisible as could be. (Apparently).
So, I'm off now to the bank; a purely
mercenary fellow, I've become. But.
invisible too, and that makes up for
a lot of faults. 


No comments: