Wednesday, October 9, 2019

12,178. I FEAR FOR MANY THINGS

I FEAR FOR MANY THINGS
I fear for many things, but I
do not fear for having a leader,
or not having one, or having one
unliked by few or many. I simply
do not care. Nor do I understand
simpletons  -  in which I here
include those who would step
to disrupt what already has been :
To satisfy their own rude pride.
-
There are long lines of like-minded
whines, and they are gathered to 
make time  -  apparently with little
else to do  -  to suit their own vague
version of a long dead same. What
matters now who wears the cap and
bears the name; things will remain
beyond acclaim as long as you sustain:
-
This mongrel version of entreaty; this
odd idea of your material kingdom; this
stay-in-place hold on the world of the
dead. Let them have their fetid foundry.
See past your nose for once.
Oh let this kingdom fall.
T'would be better off for all.

No comments: