Saturday, October 12, 2019

12,186. SEDENTARY MOTION

SEDENTARY MOTION
This city's like a map  -  dark lines
smudged on the back of a paper
bag and I can't make anything out
but 'noodles.' A couple of people
are standing outside, smoking those
new watery things that I often see
people using  -  to look like a fool,
just be one in your new cloud of
vapor. Not man enough to smoke,
dammit don't then. Your baby vape
makes me shudder. The girl is cool
though, and she doesn't even know
it. Standing there like an arrow with
her hedgehog friends.
-
Everything's in flux anyway so why
bother? Harder then ever to even
find a yellow cab  -  all those Uber-
treats guys now in their plain and
unmarked cars. It too is all performance.
You can be a clown and drive around.
Everybody wants appointments now
so as to be important or act as so. 'I'm
late, I'm late, for a very important date!' -
as the rabbit said in Alice in Wonderland.
-
I can't make anything out of the waterside,
east or west. Boats and watercraft, yeah,
that necessary rattle now of commuter
helicopters at the east side heliports. The
morning people walk around like zombies.
'Ho Ho! Hi Ho! It's off to work we go!'
I do forget who said that one.

No comments: