Monday, April 30, 2018

10,777. MR. IGNOLIO, I GET DULY DEPRESSED

MR. IGNOLIO, I GET 
DULY DEPRESSED
I've been working in your pawnshop for 11 years
now, and it's brought me not much charm and
no good luck at all. Therefore, I wish to speak
privately with you  -  and I shall bring along
my rare, 17th century chainmail restraint, just
so, in your obviously delirious interest in its
worth or value, you'll not be upset if I tie you
in it, should we not come to terms.
-
I am at the most-disgusted ends of my own
service to you; sick of it all, and you too. I
watch what you do. I try to understand the
reasons you give for things you do, but it
never works. I still go home each night,
annoyed by you, and irritated. I can hardly
take any more of this meted-out enticment
to drivel and decay. The means by which
you live, I mean to say.
-
Here's my consolation : you will give me
one-tenth more of this business ownership
than you were thinking, and shall increase
my weekly take by two-hundred dollars
every six-months. Don't like that, you
say? (Crack!  a sound ensues of someone
being beaten). You may sit up, once again,
and listen. I do not come here armed for
force, just my own pale justice. This billy
club will not hurt you again. That once
was enough, daresay? 
-
Now, this leaves me another spot to point
out : I will henceforth control the register
and the clerking of the books. Why? (Slap!
the sound of a face being punched ensues).
Why? Because I no longer trust your double
entry. I no longer will turn aside, (did I say
neither?) while you alter the take from every
transaction. (Thud! A man his hit with a
crowbar. $28.95, payable, 3 installments).
-
Now, Mr. Ignolio, please get up again. Oh
dear, he seems not moving. Would that be 
blood I see that trickles forth for where I
last hit? Overdid it again, my little bit.
Mr. Ignolio, I am truly distressed.

No comments: