Wednesday, April 18, 2018

10,744. SLOGGING THROUGHTHE HEAP

SLOGGING THROUGH
THE HEAP
Well all right I remember now the shackles
you loosed in Tangiers. Yes, yes, it was either
you or Paul Bowles, I still get confused. We
wrote those airmail letters they used to have
on tissue-thin, light-air paper. All was in good
order but nothing was said. I guess if you've
got nothing to say you can say it all.
-
Now, it's, what, Tuesday night after midnight,
making it Wednesday already I guess. I'm broke
and it's only mid-week, and I'm hungry and it's
only now. The plans called for me to buy a used
car but there's no money for any of that and sure
I've already come too far. Yes. Yes. Yes.
-
I agree to mapping the range. My oil rigs run
wild, all along the plains. Me and Texas,
together, will prosper and gain.

No comments: