Sunday, April 22, 2018

10,757. WHEN I GET HOME

WHEN I GET HOME
When I get home to where I'm
going I may give you a call : To
see if the card-sharks are still around
and those guys with the souped-up cars.
To see if the tall oaks are gone now, 
and just more paving and just more
grounds. People seem to swarm now,
everywhere. 
-
If I get home , to where I'm going,
I'll send you a card when I set out  -  
so you know to expect me. I want a 
block-party and a street-fair put up in
my name. I can throw some money 
here and there; find me a cause  -  but 
something not too dear. I've had enough
of those pink-ribbon ladies and crippled
vets. Make it simple. Food banks, etc.
-
After I made my first five-million, I
still kept thinking of home. The girls I left,
that strip of houses by the brook, the
little woods were we used to sit. It's funny
how things stay in your mind. This Califonia
crap no longer makes it - agents and guides,
managers and designers. Cars that go 185.
-
To where, and by whom? That's really all
we ever need to now. I'll be home soon.

No comments: