Wednesday, April 4, 2018

10,696. IN ON THE JOKE

IN ON THE JOKE
(something about a hat)
This [this] was a solid line,
an esplanade of wide-ranging
feature, a broad steel pilaster
set to slice, an eventful moment
well-remembered : I remembered
[somehow] leaving my green hat
behind. Dark green, it was. Not
Kelly. And then I recalled that the
nice girl nearby was right then 
calling her  husband (I assumed) 
on the telephone, in a sort of panic, 
saying : 'I left my keys at work, in
my jacket. And I left that there too.
I didn't realize it until just now. Where
can you pick me up, and when? 
-
It all went like that  -  in a smoothly
progressive way. She was wearing only
a vest, over work clothes, I guessed.
Office Maximus, you know. In an
opposite manner, as it goes, like in
an old cartoon where a villain can be
concealed by a tree, [thinner than he].
-
Those guys were always near-to 
completely obscured, except for a 
tophat or a long, dark coat that always
gave them away, usually without them
even knowing it.Curious stuff : Whoever
watched [along with YOU the viewer]  -
the hero or the lawman or the fox or the
coyote [comic foils each], was always
in one the joke and expected as well
you were in on it too.

No comments: