Thursday, April 19, 2018

10,750. OH DARN

OH DARN
I've just caught my fingers on the
chain of rings with sharp edges,
something like keys, and they tore
open the base of my hand. And oh
darn now, I'll probably need stitches.
And where should I go for that? I
have no doctor and I'm not insured.
It'll heal by itself, eventually and sure,
but then the flaps never meet and the
skin's never neat. A jagged lumpy scar 
instead. I'd rather be sewn by someone
who knows what they're doing :  in a
place with some lounge office music 
and a nurse with great tits. So, where
do you think I should go? I can bundle
myself off to St. Xavier's Hospital, but
it's really just a bunch of drips  -  nuns 
and old doctors and secondary learners.
No, I don't think this  -  not me will they
stitch. There's a clinic on 12th, open a lot,
and while you wait stuff too  -  but I'm not 
fond of them either. It seems dirty there, 
and the three girls I always see, who work 
there, probably need a bath or a shower. 
Or don't know how. God, this gets more 
and more difficult. And I'm not even 
bleeding; the gash is that deep.

No comments: