Wednesday, April 4, 2018

10,697. TOO COLD TO MAKE AN EFFECT

TOO COLD TO 
MAKE AN EFFECT
'Maybe it's just too cold to make an effect,'
I heard her say.  And it sounded scientific. 
Well, almost, OK. I was watching the leaves
move in the trees. An upcoming vision of
Autumn; orange flickers, sliding down the
air, bright-colored leaves falling from the sky.
Like a votive light in my eyes, it all 
stretched out before me. Wondering 
what to do, I moved away instead of 
closer. Delineate  the positive, bring 
forth the possibilities.
-
There seemed a positive force in all 
things: but wrapped everywhere in a 
silence too. The lady who was feeding 
the squirrels  - she does that every 
morning.  The two guys, stopped at 
the top of the stairs, they were earnestly 
talking to each other   -  challenges? 
Possibilities? Or just remorse? It was
a funny world  -  something I knew long
before. The way options meander into a
rigidity. The way a florist sells
nothing but flowers.

No comments: