Friday, February 23, 2018

10,562. AND OH THE LONG DIFFERENCE

AND OH THE LONG DIFFERENCE
If ever there's a cataclysm, I'll run your
way. Hoping you'll be there. Once the
Earth splits open, I'd figure it's over.
But. Still. I'd. Try. (Inky-dinky parlez-
vous). Not knowing the moment would
just have to do. (Inky-dinky parlez-vous).
-
Here at the cabin, at the end of Waverly
Stream, where the water runs out to the
roadside rocks, I'd just stand, I suppose,
and watch for the end. No more fossil
rocks and fossil ferns for me. It would
be a long difference from beginning to
end. But I think I would have attained it.
-
Then comes all the explanations and the
commentary and the meanings no one saw.
The last blue-bird hit the live wire; singed
like toast, and dead in its own instant. But.
Still. It. Tried. (Getting away).
-
Inky-dinky and parlez-vous.

No comments: