Saturday, February 24, 2018

10,564. WEDNESDAYS WITH MORONS

WEDNESDAYS WITH MORONS
'I love the good things in life; cheap whiskey,
cheap wines, two-dollar burgers, black-cap
mushroom pizza pies. What bothers me the
most is the parking. Bruno Marc and Unke,
together. What's that, and who wears it? 
Shoes like that are only fit for kids.
-
'When I was on the high seas, we could
only wear sea-leather boots. They had to
have cladding, to hold us along the deck.
Otherwise maybe, 'Bye, bye, Mrs. Bligh,
and he went over the side.' Frightful and
deadly stuff. We lost a man once, long
ago, who always had his head in a book.
-
'Reading me Shakespeare,' he'd say, 'in
case we run into a Tempest.' Then one day 
he was swept over the side and never found 
again. 'To the memory of...Barnacle Bill
the Sailor',' I put on his bunk.'

No comments: