Wednesday, February 7, 2018

10,490. A GROAN AND A HAPPENSTANCE

A GROAN AND 
A HAPPENSTANCE
Standing idly by this setting : the man
enters holding flowers. I do not know
him. I feel this is in Berlin. Someone
tells me it's very late, and I reply, 'still?' 
There's a quick bustle, as a sudden noise;
a dog comes forth holding a message.
One rolled up sheet of long paper, and
I bend down to try and take it but the
dog growls. It's an unruly moment, as
I am scared of dogs to begin with. The
man comes back over, and says, 'Do not
worry, Winston here will never harm you.'
He leans over, and Winston is gone, only
leaving the paper. I open the large sheet.
-
In the next scene I see it is a treasure map.
Marked with odd hashmarks, and a pirate
image, a skull of some sort, with a black
bird. I again say, 'still?'  -  meaning, 'do I
yet have to go?' I feel the treasure map
must mean something to me, dog or not.
-
The man, again with the flowers, comes over.
He says, 'In this, our land, you do not need
to ever do what you do not wish. So go or
stay, it is all your choice. As he lights the
end of the treasure map with a wooden
match, I grab it away, and run off  -  my
apparent choice very apparently made.



No comments: