Friday, February 16, 2018

10,533 HASTE HANDS HALVORSTAN

HASTE HANDS HALVORSTAN
The cold bedding was stray; barn
hay and such. I laid back and realized 
the stars were just out of reach but
just past the barn roof too, where the
new weather was rolling in. 'Gettin' 
cold again t'night, I hear'. He looked
my way and then repeated, 'gettin'
cold again, better hunker down; stay
warm. We'll git ya' some coffee when
mornin'  arrives.' OK, all good enough.
-
For me, of course, no treat. This was
like a freight-train suck, a hanger from
Hell, a private message in a public place.
Not even a lantern, and I couldn't start a
fire either. There was a few cows below
me, and down the end a horse and a pony
too. They steadied in place, darkness and
sniggles too  -   funny stuff, like laughs
or comforts. Never minded a thing. I
just rolled about and went to sleep.

No comments: