Saturday, February 24, 2018

10,568. ANIMATED RAY

ANIMATED RAY
In this ancient world here are 
some of things I've been wishing 
for, Mr. Aminated Ray : the corpuscle 
and the crepuscular together, and the 
long and winding road; my free,
guided tour of Mt. Everest, and a
one-way ticket to Clyde Beatty's
Barnum & Bailey Circus. This is
the door to the outer dimension;
and I'll take that too.
-
I once held Betty Boop in my arms,
until Natty Bumpo showed his face
and she ran off then with him. Damn
but those American heroes are all
the same and you just can't cut
through the noise and the clutter.
-
They hold these truths to be
self-decadent that all men have 
a sequel and there are no second
acts in American lives. Meanwhile,
back at the three-ring circus, all
the lions are let loose and they rip
into all the loose people until 
not much is left  -  at all.

No comments: