Sunday, February 11, 2018

10,512. THEY INVENTED YELLOW LIGHT

THEY INVENTED YELLOW LIGHT
'My name is Mabel Hertz,' she said, 'but
you should call me Mary.' It was a long
ladder down the chute, but we took it
together. Though it led nowhere. I played 
along. I took a chance on destiny, I smiled
in the gloam. I asked her, yes, at one point.
what she meant by yellow light  -  because
I was confused. Because I was tired and
bored. She wouldn't answer anyway.
-
Museums are places to go to share with 
the muse. I always thought, and everyone
always agreed. Not here; instead this was
more a police-range for the target practice
of killing ideas. Men in black suits, and
some with two heads.
-
One time a man took me aside. I was
young. He said to me, 'You'll never be a
gentleman, but you will change the world.'

No comments: