Wednesday, January 18, 2023

15,964. HEAVEN WAS NEVER A CARD-SHOPPE

HEAVEN WAS NEVER 
A CARD-SHOPPE
I used up all my luck buying Turkish Taffy,
now I knew this could never be enough :
my 'pin money'  -  like a girl would have  - 
was gone. Then the taffy then pulled out a
filling  -  another toothsome problem for
which  -  again  -  I knew I'd never have
enough. Money. How do we get into all
these damned predicaments? Every time
I turned around, something else reared its
ugly head. I entered the card shoppe on the
corner, figuring perhaps to send myself a
Sympathy Card. They sure had plenty,
but none for me. Each one seemed as if
I was addressing someone else.  stupid
to receive it again? Now who would
want that, and after I signed and
mailed the card, wouldn't it seem
silly to then send it to myself
and have to open it again?

No comments: