Tuesday, January 17, 2023

15,957. OH MAN, THIS IS SO MAJOR

OH MAN, THIS IS SO MAJOR
They told me to take a hike, so I did.
That was 28 days ago, and now I'm
nearing Malaga  -  and I don't even
know where that is. Walking along,
and sleeping under a bridge, or in a
boxcar somewhere? It's not really so
bad as it's all made out. I used to read
this stuff, in like Kerouac or Brautigan,
but, now, who cares and no one even
knows that stuff. Except for those royal
few who still claim to read. Real books,
I mean  -   not that new royal drivel 
wherein the one of those two nitwits
gets a frozen dick.
-
I've got a nice fire burning because I
started one at 4am. It's 24 degrees, and
that's not bad at all  -  snow and rain due
in later, and that could kind of suck. I'm
sitting outside right now, near some guy's
rooms to let. He let me in five hours ago.
I said, 'Is that 'to let' or 'toilet?' Always have
to make sure. he replied, 'Are you sure you
didn't just escape from Joliet?'
-
I don't even know the place I'm in.
Never have heard of Malaga before. Is
that maybe in Illinois? I think there's a country
by Spain or somewhere with that name too.
But I know I didn't cross no ocean. Like
Huck has it  -  'Sure gets confusing when
you light out from Aunt Sally's because it's
so damned boring.'

No comments: