Tuesday, January 24, 2023

16,005. WORDS FOR THE MINGLERS

WORDS FOR THE MINGLERS
I'd think there is magic in everyday life: 
'Not saying miracles, just the magic of
Christ', that's maybe the way some would
put it. I don't know about that either, but
I wouldn't begrudge anyone their own
grasp of faith. I just let it alone and wait.
-
If they're going to happen, they will; and
no matter what one calls them : raising 
another Lazarus, or some woman at the
well. That child through the roof thing, yes,
I'd like to try that too.
-
There are too many dead churches around
here, where miracles really should happen.
But they're forgotten now, or locked, with
only an old cemetery perhaps for a local
connection.
-
New palaces always arise. Things that come
and take their places. I've seen all that, and
known it too. I don't think they are miracles,
though maybe they're treated as such. More
likely their everyday life, done with a grace
and goodness that will always suffice. All
hail, all hail, whatever comes our way!

No comments: