Tuesday, January 10, 2023

15,927. CARDS IN MOTION

CARDS IN MOTION, pt.1
In San Francisco once, this crazy Chinese
restaurant owner named Edsel Wong Ford
told me to go see a fortune teller. He had a
reputation of being very discerning about
people, so I went. So I went.
-
Oddly enough, as in New York City, the
Financial District abuts the Chinatown
proximity, so I went there. Her name
was Ma-Lan Cheri, and she also sold
roots, and what appeared to be berries. 
-
I fully expected a well-placed con, and
probably 50 dollars worth of berries too.
These people never miss a trick...except
 right then and there a small earthqauke 
occurred. Not much at all; by San
Francisco terms probably a mere 'tremblor.' 
The small earth shook, smally.
-
I figured she couldn't have arranged thst,
though she acted as if she did. Announcing
my presence she chattered in some Chinese
tongue. Then she stopped and said, 'OK, OK
'sit you down; you're probably marked.'
-
'Marked?' I said. Yes , that never has happened
for anyone else.' A piffle, a coincidence. As I
said that she opened a draw and took out her
cards and said. 'There are none. Not such things 
in this world. You need take heed. You need
prepare for other things.'

No comments: