Thursday, January 19, 2023

15,971. STILL LEASING HELL

 STILL LEASING HELL
'There are wild times to be had', I was 
told, 'if you end up living here, and the
fun never stops'. The agent was named 
Dracus. I had suspicions about the name, 
a diminutive form of the larger Vlad 
Dracula. Harbor no doubts about that, 
especially where there is no harbor in 
this waterless landscape. The other bad
joke was his assistant, the name on the
letterhead being Lou Cipher.
-
He said 'One signature can get you in,
and we have a lot of grand tenants too.
You've heard of Dr. Faustus? He leases
here as well.
-
All the cars in 'Preferred Parking' were 
black and new. Siny luxury sedans, all,
too. I was tempted but held back, feeling
something wasn't right. Yes, going by gut
feelings isn't always correct, but the bet
here was too large to lose. I said 'No', in
my most emphatic way.

No comments: